Quality is a measure of the expectations of those who have a hand in the process. It is a WalzCraft belief, that our reputation for producing quality cabinet doors and cabinet components is a result of the quality of our team members. With that understanding, WalzCraft associates work in a safety conscious environment, where extra considerations and resources are directed to employee health and well-being. The benefit of these efforts is an increasing quality of life that extends beyond the individual, to our customers and community. As a corporate representative of the greater La Crosse area for over 25 years, WalzCraft is an active contributor to local initiatives and charities.
In a manufacturing environment, the risk of injury is never dormant. The combination of moving parts, machinery and people create ample reason for awareness. The WalzCraft approach to a safe work environment is proactive through continuous safety awareness and the resources to help eliminate potential risk. Here are some of the ways WalzCraft maintains a safe work environment:
Dedicated full time Safety Team Leader
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Federal safety standards.
- Provides required safety and health training to employees.
- Acts as a resource for Team Leaders, as they monitor safety concerns each day from the production floor.
- Reports safety concerns and improvements to management on a daily basis.
- Investigates all work related injuries.
- Assists in the development and implementation of safety policies and programs.
- Conducts regular safety inspections of WalzCraft facilities.
- Leads our in-house Safety Team.
- Oversees annual hearing test for all production employees.
In-house Safety Team, functioning as a Management / Employee committee to review safety related issues, policies, and accidents and make recommendations for corrections or changes to ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
Hazardous Material Training
- General Hazardous Waste Worker Training (Annual)
- Hazardous Waste/Hazardous Materials Response Plan (Annual)
- Department of Transportation Training (DOT) for personnel involved in Hazardous Material Shipping (3 years)
Hazardous Material Written Plans
- Hazardous Waste Minimization Plan Objective of reducing the volume and toxicity or waste, at the point of generation met since implementation.
- DOT Security Plan
- Universal Waste & Miscellaneous Waste Management Guild lines
WalzCraft provides a Smoke and Tobacco Free Environment.
WalzCraft actively promotes a good health and general well-being through many of the following initiatives:
WalzCraft partners with local Healthcare Facilities to Promote Wellness
Healthcare facilities gather data.
- Employees complete a Health Risk Appraisal (HRA).
Healthcare facilities provide Health screenings
- Blood Pressure check.
- Cholesterol and diabetes screenings.
- Bone density testing.
On-site Health fair
- Display tables and staff addressing a variety of health and wellness topics.
- Assistance with interpreting your health screening report.
- Gathering additional information on various health and wellness topics.
- Consultations with Healthcare Specialists regarding questions related to your health.
On-going support and programs
- Wellness Walking routes around our manufacturing facility.
- Annual flu shots.
- Information is continually provided for early detection and management of health.
Habitat for Humanity – http://www.habitatlacrosse.org/
- Faith based organization uniting people from various sectors of society to make the dream of home ownership a reality for low-income families.
- No Government money is used for construction, financial support comes from individuals, corporations, foundations and churches.
- WalzCraft participates annually in collections that benefit The Salvation Army.
Rotary Lights – http://www.rotarylights.org/
- WalzCraft is a Sponsor and Volunteer of this event.
- Food donations benefit seven area Food Pantries.
- Cash donations support the lighting project and the participating non-profit organizations so they can continue their respective missions.
- Collect monetary donations that go to local non-profit organizations.
- This program was designed to boost employee morale and unite the La Crosse area the last Friday of the month by supporting good local causes, in exchange, the employee gets to wear jeans to work.
Western Technical College / Walzcraft Endowed Scholarship
- Scholarship opportunity for students of a Parent or Grandparent employed by WalzCraft.
- Local Boys & Girls Club youth athletics
- Donations to various individual benefits
- WalzCraft Night at the Races
- WalzCraft Night at the Loggers Game