Employment Type: Full-time
Hours: 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, M-F
Overall responsibilities include preparing orders for physical shipments ensuring proper counts, labeling, and packaging. Prepare boxes, crates, and pallets for wood components.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Check the product to paperwork
- Check the quality of the product by use of a tape measure or other measuring tools/equipment
- Work in a fast paced production environment
- Create and build pallets, crates, and boxes for wood component products
- Use of powered hand tools
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Notify team leader of any mechanical or material issues
- Complete corresponding paperwork to accompany the shipment
- Wear all required safety equipment such as, but not limited to safety glasses and hearing protection
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Willing to learn/perform a variety of job tasks
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
The employee is constantly required to stand; walk; use hands to grip, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves lifting up to 25 lbs. frequently throughout the day. Frequently push/pull up to 50 pounds. Constant bending, reaching, and twisting.
Overtime opportunities are available with this position.
Prior experience in shipping, particularly in a manufacturing environment is helpful, but not necessary. We will train you!
Candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
How To Apply:
Office hours: Monday to Friday – 6am – 4:30pm CST.
Applicants: Completed employment applications can be hand delivered to the Reception Team during regular office hours. If intending to complete your employment application on-site at WalzCraft, please arrive no earlier than 6:30am and no later than 3:30pm CST, Monday to Friday.
2600 Hemstock Street
La Crosse, WI 54603
(Enter via the Main Entrance, toward the center of the facility)
All applications will be kept on file for 1 year.
WalzCraft is an Equal Opportunity Employer.