Employment Type: Full-time
Hours: 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM, M-F
The production worker (entry level manufacturing) position performs a variety of job tasks in the production of wood components. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Read paperwork and performs work as assigned by department supervisor
- Check quality of product by use of a tape measure or other measuring tools/equipment
- Work in a fast paced production environment
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
- Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Wears all required safety equipment such as, but not limited to safety glasses and hearing protection
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Willing to learn/perform a variety of job tasks
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
The employee is constantly required to stand; walk; use hands to grip, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves lifting up to 5 pounds for long periods of time through the day. Frequently push/pull up to 25 pounds. Constant bending, reaching and twisting.
Please note: depending on the specific position, the physical requirements may differ.
Overtime opportunities will be available periodically.
Previous wood working experience is helpful, but not necessary. We will train you! Candidates must have a good work history and references available.
How To Apply:
Office hours: Monday to Friday – 6am – 4:30pm CST.
Applicants: Completed employment applications can be hand delivered to the Reception Team during regular office hours. If intending to complete your employment application on-site at WalzCraft, please arrive no earlier than 6:30am and no later than 3:30pm CST, Monday to Friday.
2600 Hemstock Street
La Crosse, WI 54603
(Enter via the Main Entrance, toward the center of the facility)
All applications will be kept on file for 1 year.
WalzCraft is an Equal Opportunity Employer.