Employment Type: Full-time
Hours: 2:30 PM – 11:00 PM, M-F (Upon hire, candidate will train with our 1st Shift Maintenance Team for a period of time – 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM, M-F.)
WalzCraft’s Maintenance Technicians are responsible for installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining production and facility equipment according to safety guidelines and processes that support the achievement of our business goals and objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Drive
- Time Management
- Willing to learn/perform a variety of tasks
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
Please note: depending on the specific job duties of this position, the physical requirements may differ.
Overtime opportunities will be available periodically.
A degree in Electromechanical Technology, along with experience working with electrical components and mechanical repairs in a manufacturing setting is a plus.
How To Apply:
Office hours: Monday to Friday – 6am – 4:30pm CST.
Applicants: Completed employment applications can be hand delivered to the Reception Team during regular office hours. If intending to complete your employment application on-site at WalzCraft, please arrive no earlier than 6:30am and no later than 3:30pm CST, Monday to Friday.
2600 Hemstock Street
La Crosse, WI 54603
(Enter via the Main Entrance, toward the center of the facility)
All applications will be kept on file for 1 year.
WalzCraft is an Equal Opportunity Employer.