Extensive optimization and daily yield analysis exerts constant pressure on our manufacturing to maximize quality while minimizing waste. Computerized rip saws with five moveable blades help to maintain 1% better yield average, which over time amounts to truckloads of lumber. Ripped stock is chopped on customized state-of-the-art chop saws. This precision operation separates usable material, divides it into different grades based on natural characteristics and quickly sizes each component part. WalzCraft offers more than 95 grades of product within 20 different species, allowing us to utilize less than perfect wood, balance the demand on that specie and provide a cost savings that we can pass along to our customers.
100% Lumber Usage
Lumber that is used in our process has the possibility of several outcomes.
- Becoming part of a product.
- Waste being used by a local power company to generate electricity.
- Waste being used to produce landscape mulch.
- Waste being used as animal bedding.
- Waste being used to produce pellets for wood stoves.
- Waste being ground up and used to produce particleboard.
Every board that is purchased by WalzCraft has a productive use. This equals zero scrap wood or MDF product ending up in a landfill.
Next > Recycling Initiatives