Wood Range Hoods
A Range Hood is one of the most important appliances in a kitchen for three primary reasons…
- Safety – This practical appliance protects you and your household from the many pollutants that are released into the air when cooking. A properly vented Range Hood whisks away smoke, grease, steam, and carbon monoxide, keeping your cabinets and walls much cleaner and providing protection to you by filtering the air.
- Comfort – The ventilation provided by a Range Hood helps to keep your kitchen cool and in turn provides relief for the cook! The air exchange also helps to reduce the smells and stuffy feeling that can occur during and after the cooking process.
- Style – Range Hoods provide a stylish element to any kitchen and can be designed to complement the layout and features of the cabinetry and other appliances, or alternatively stand out as the focal point of the room.
Range Hoods also help you cut down on the amount of time you will have to spend cleaning as proper ventilation helps to avoid the buildup of grease and moisture from cooking, ultimately making your home a safer environment by preventing the growth of bacteria and mold and also keeping your kitchen cabinets looking new for years to come.
Range Hood Options
Wood Species Options
WalzCraft recommends any of our available Range Hood Series, each unique in design and available in many sizes. As always, our variety allows you to work around each project’s requirements with many Range Hood Series allowing for custom widths, depths, and heights. Many of our wood Range Hoods accommodate a standard ceiling height as noted in our specifications catalog. In addition, for applicable Range Hood designs, the chimney can be trimmed or ordered with an extension to accommodate conflicting ceiling heights.
Customization of all Range Hood Designs is available. WalzCraft recommends a price quote when customizing any hood as the complexity of the modification will affect pricing.
Standard Range Hood Wood Species Include:
- Alder – Natural Grade
- Alder – Rustic Grade
- Beech – European Steamed – Natural Grade
- Cherry – Natural Grade
- Hickory – Natural Grade
- Mahogany – African
- Hard Maple – Natural Grade
- Oak-Red – Natural Grade
- Oak-White – Quarter Sawn – Natural Grade
Range Hood Finishing
All Stain, SolidTone, & Glaze Finish Options are available on Wood Range Hoods. WalzCraft can provide a price quote to prefinish any of our Range Hood Series designs. Please contact our Customer Support Team to place your quote today.
Range Hood Molding Options
Most Range Hood Series come standard with a choice of Base and Chimney Moldings. WalzCraft offers a choice of ‘Classic’ or ‘Simple’ Molding Packages for each Range Hood Series, with the individual moldings differing by Range Hood Series. Please contact our Customer Support Team to learn more about Base and Chimney Molding choices for all of WalzCraft’s Range Hoods.
Range Hood Accent Components
Various Range Hood Series are more complex in design and include or can be ordered with additional Accent Components. Various Range Hood Series integrate a shelf, typically included in the price of the range hood. Some styles also allow for the addition of Corbels, which must be ordered in addition to the Range Hood itself. For the most intricate Range Hood Series, an optional Spice Rack (See W-Series Range Hood Specifications here) can be built into the lower cabinet (not included in the Range Hood price). The Spice Rack can be ordered as a full height door or small door & Corbel, which pulls out to access the Spice Rack.
Range Hood Liner & Ventilation Options
Removable Exhaust Fan Access Panel Options
The Removable Exhaust Fan Access Panel option is available on select Range Hood Series.
Range Hood Series G, I, J, P, and T
- The Center Panel serves as the Removable Access Panel and an Applied Molding is used to cover the panel and complete the look.
- When ordering, please specify the Range Hood Series and note the Exhaust Fan Access Panel option.
Range Hood Series M, Q, S, N, A, O, L, H, and W
- The entire top section of these Range Hoods serve as the Removable Panel and provides for easy access to ventilation and ductwork.
- The Removeable Access Panel is a standard feature on these Range Hood Series, so there is no need to specify upon ordering.
- The Removeable Access Panel on the M, Q, S, N, and W Series Range Hoods is held in place with clips.
- When assembled, the visible seam on the top rail can be concealed with the addition of Crown Molding (sold seperately). The seam on the center rail will be concealed with a shelf which comes standard with the hood.
Range Hood Ventilation Units
All Range Hood Series are pre-engineered and available with optional Blower & Ventilation Packages which can be purchased in addition to Range Hoods. WalzCraft offers both Professional and Value Liners & Ventilator Units.
Our Professional Mesh Liners & Ventilator Units (PML) include dimmer controlled halogen lighting, variable fan speed control, large dishwasher safe perforated stainless steel mesh insert filters and are available for both internal and external blowers.
The Value Liners & Ventilator Units (Val-Line) have dual 35-watt halogen lights, a three fan speed control, dishwasher safe aluminum slotted filters and a silver metallic finish, stainless steel look.
Both Internal and External Blowers are available. Internal Blowers are mounted inside the wood hood. This Blower style pushes air through the duct. External Blowers are alternatively mounted on the roof or outside wall. These Blower styles pull air through the duct and offer superior performance. Various models for both styles of Blowers are available, with varying CFM Ratings.
CFM = Cubic Feet per Minute: A measurement of air volume velocity and is often used in measuring air flow from heating or cooling diffusers. This is a rating attributed to fan size).
*The installation of Range Hood and Liner Ventilation Systems are subject to local building code construction guidelines. If is your responsibility to ensure that the Range Hood, Liner and Ventilator do meet your local building code standards.
Range Hood Removable Top Option
The Removable Top Option is available to aid installation and is an optional feature on the E, G, and T Series Range Hoods.
- Allows installer to install the base and ventilation, then the top.
- Available at no additional charge.
- Please note that cutting or modification of any structural parts of this hood will result in loss of warranty.
Range Hood Maintenance
Caring for your Range Hood includes replacing filters regularly as needed. It is important to also wipe down the range hood surfaces regularly to avoid grease buildup. For wood Range Hoods that are prefinished by WalzCraft, our recommendation is to use a cloth and mild detergent mixed in warm water for cleaning. It is essential to complete the cleaning process by wiping off excess cleaner/water with a dry cloth.